Torrie Taj to lead Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits board of directors
Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
Following the merger of the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum, the 2023 board for the organization has been announced, which includes all current board members from both organizations.
Found a part of that announcement was the naming longtime nonprofit professional Torrie Taj as its board chair for the New Year. Ms. Taj is CEO of Child Crisis Arizona, which is headquartered in Mesa.
“The Alliance board represents communities throughout the state and has a strong commitment to community building through professional skills and expertise that are instrumental to the future of the Alliance and to the nonprofit and grantmaking sectors,” said Kristen Merrifield, CEO, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits.
The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits board leadership:
- Board Chair: Torrie Taj, Chief Executive Officer, Child Crisis Arizona
- Co-Vice Chair: Yvonne Moss, Chief Legal Officer, Make a Wish Foundation of America
- Co-Vice Chair: Wendy Erica Werden, Manager, Community Investment and Philanthropy, Tucson Electric Power/UniSource Energy Services
- Secretary: Kate Thoene, Interim Chief Community Development Officer, New Life Center
- Co-Treasurer: Mario Aniles, CPA, Shareholder, Aniles & Co.
- Co-Treasurer: Matt Ellsworth, Vice President, Communications, Flinn Foundation
- Penny Allee Taylor, Consultant
- John Amoroso, Executive Director, The David and Lura Lovell Foundation
- Annie Clary, Executive Director, Yuma Family YMCA
- Mesha Davis, CEO, Arizona Foundation for Women
- Maria Echeveste, Senior Vice President & Community Relations Manager, Bank of America
- Len Gutman, Vice President, Philanthropic Services, Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Arizona
- Margaret Hepburn, Chief Executive Officer, Legacy Foundation of Southeast Arizona
- Kate Jensen, President & CEO, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Arizona
- Marcus Johnson, Director, State Health Policy and Advocacy Vitalyst Health Foundation
- Jared Langkilde, President & CEO, HonorHealth Foundation
- Andrea Moreno, Manager, SRP Community Outreach, Salt River Project
- Myriah Mhoon, CEO, New Life Center
- Monica Nuvamsa, Executive Director, The Hopi Foundation
- Jeri Royce, President & CEO, Esperanca
- Patti Stoner, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal Consultant, HR Strategies AZ
- Glenn Wike, Chief of Staff and Senior Vice President of Community Investment, Arizona Community Foundation
- Eric Wolverton, Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity of Northern Arizona Merrifield leads the combined organization.
- Laurie Liles is Chief Public Policy Officer and Vice President of Arizona Grantmakers Forum.