WestWorld of Scottsdale hosts May Home & Garden Show
Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, which is the largest home show in the southwest, returns to WestWorld of Scottsdale on Friday, May 5 through Sunday, May 7, featuring David Bromstad from HGTV’s My Lottery Dream Home.
The site of the event is WestWorld of Scottsdale found at 16601 N. Pima Road.
Shop indoor and outdoor inspiration and the latest trends to spruce up your homestead for the new season.
The show features a variety of local small businesses, artisans, and the best assortment of home improvement companies throughout the Valley all in one location for three days only, representatives of the event report.
“We’re excited for David Bromstad to share his crazy journey & expertise in home design on Saturday and Sunday,” said Katie Jones, show manager. “Additionally, this spring show will also feature numerous home DIY inspirations and a variety of free make-and-take crafting classes all while shopping and supporting small local businesses and artisans.”
THE RUNDOWN: Home & Garden Show at WestWorld of Scottsdale:
- Meet HGTV’s David Bromstad: Join the always charismatic host of HGTV’s My Lottery Dream Home in person Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. for a live stage presentation. Listen as David shares personal stories about his journey and design tips he’s learned through his decades of experience. Access to David’s stage presentation is free with admission.
- Save Water with the Master Gardeners: Learn how to save up to 60% of water in your garden with our Master Gardeners. They will teach attendees how to use low-fired, clay ceramic vessels, an alternative watering method. They will also have seminars on pollinators, composting and succulents.
- Learn about Transforming Mud into Art: Watch artisans transform mud into masterpieces with daily live pottery wheel demonstrations.
- Handmade Headquarters: Sign up for FREE make-and-take crafts sessions, including candle making, clay molding, and basic woodworking techniques; create a family tree or your own shopping tote. Several of these hands-on activities make a great gift just in time for Mother’s Day and Pride Month.
- Tiny Cul-de-Sac: Stop by and tour move-in-ready modern tiny homes from Village Camp, United Tiny Homes and the Tiny Custom House. Experience luxury in a converted shipping container or a double decker mansion and see what it’s like to go tiny.
- Get Instant Privacy: Find out how you can turn transparent glass surfaces into privacy glass with a flip of the switch. Learn all about bringing privacy to bathrooms, front doors, bedroom windows and more.
- Design Your Backyard Staycation: FREE walk-up landscape consultation and take-home design with the landscaping professionals at Horticultural Frontiers, a value of $350. Don’t forget to bring your existing backyard pictures and measurements.
General Admission: $10 daily for adults, kids ages 3-12 are $3. Children 2 and younger are free.