Greater Phoenix Chamber pursues intentional economic growth across Valley
Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
The Greater Phoenix Chamber is announcing new leadership within its board of directors to lead the organization in its mission to catalyze regional prosperity through forward-thinking public policy, intentional economic growth and diverse, prepared talent in fiscal year 2024.
Scott Smith, managing partner of TowerHunter, will serve as the 2023-24 board chair, succeeding Erin Mettille, public & social impact leader, Slalom Consulting. Laura Lynn Smith, division vice president and general manager, ADP, Inc., will serve as chair-elect.
“As an active member of the Greater Phoenix Chamber Board of Directors for the last five years, I am humbled to now serve as Chair and work in partnership with Todd, the Chamber team, and amazing board members to continue to focus on a strong business environment in Arizona,” Mr. Smith said in the release.
“We will continue to partner with our 2400 members to support them in policy solutions that will support their business needs. I look forward to a year where we all enjoy connecting with other leaders, working with policymakers, establishing B2B contacts, and supporting workforce initiatives to help your company grow.”
Serving on the Greater Phoenix Chamber Executive Committee of the board of directors are the following officers:
- Board Chair – Scott Smith, TowerHunter
- Chair-Elect and current Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Chair – Laura Lynn Smith, ADP, Inc.
- Legal Counsel – Ryan Curtis, Fennemore Craig
- Audit and Governance Committee Chair – Kris Newman, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Finance Committee Chair – Tim Wetzler, Enterprise Holdings
- Human Resources Chair – Scott Smith, TowerHunter
- Nominating Committee Chair – Rob Taylor, SRP
- Public Affairs Committee Chair – Susan Anable, Cox Communications
- Retention Committee Chair – Mike Groeger, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- GPCF Chair – Stacy Derstine, APS
- Member at Large – Shannon Butler, CVS Health
The Greater Phoenix Chamber is proud to have the following business leaders complete its board of directors for fiscal year 2023-24:
- Brad Anderson, Cigna
- Guy Berry, Redirect Health
- Eric Bottolfsen, GoldBook Financial
- Emily Breuker, University of Phoenix
- Johnathan Buxton, Pharmaceutical Care Management Association
- Marina Carpenter, Arizona Coyotes
- Jennifer Carusetta, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Matthew Clark, Verizon
- Monica Coury, Arzona Complete Health
- Craig Culy, Musical Instrument Museum
- Joe Donnarumma, Univision
- Joel Eberhart, Ideas Collide
- Danielle Feroleto, Small Giants
- Lorraine Field, Sonora Quest
- Tad Gary, Mercy Care
- Joe Grossman, EPCOR, Inc.
- Ravi Gupta, Ernst & Young
- Chad Heinrich, Arizonans for Affordable Health
- Kate Hickman, Alliance Bank of Arizona
- Doris Huang, evolvedMD
- Carla Vargas Jasa, Valley of the Sun United Way
- Jay Kaprosy, Veridus
- Matt Ligouri, Southwest Gas
- Eric E. Lynch, Polsinelli
- Jim Macdonald, JPMorgan Private Bank
- Grenee Martacho, Concord General Contracting Inc.
- Kevin Martinelli, LocaliQ/Arizona Republic
- Francis McAllister, Freeport-McMoRan
- T.J. Mitchell, Quarles & Brady
- Jennifer Nelson, Honeywell Aerospace
- Dani Nugroho, Marsh McLennan
- Amilyn Pierce, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Ron Price, Visit Phoenix
- Lisa Riley, Wells Fargo
- Chris Sarver, National Bank of Arizona
- Liz Shipley, Intel
- Gary Shullaw, PetSmart
- Lori Snyder, Carlisle Companies Incorporated
- Donna Taylor, Beatitudes Campus
- Jim Tomes, Telgian Holdings, Inc.
- Dr. Kevin Tulipana, City of Hope – Phoenix
- Michelle Walker, SSC Underground
- Doug Welzel, Amazon
- Kristen Wilson, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation board of directors for fiscal year 2024 include:
- Board Chair, Stacy Derstine, APS
- Laura Lynn Smith, ADP, Inc.
- Sarah Gordon, JPMorgan Private Bank
- Phillip Huhta, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Jay Kaprosy, Veridus
- Adriana Murrietta, Pharos Foundation**
- De Anne Russell, Common Spirit Health
- Kim Samuel, Equality Health
The newly appointed board leaders and members officially assume their duties on July 1, 2023.