Scottsdale City Council seeks local commission, board volunteers
Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
Scottsdale City Council is inviting residents to institute positive change by serving on a city board or commission as openings have begun to materialize.
City leaders are reporting several openings on various boards and commissions to be filled in early 2024.
Residents are encouraged to apply for one of the following:
- Airport Advisory Commission (one opening)
- Board of Adjustment (one opening)
- Environmental Advisory Commission (one opening)
- Historic Preservation Commission (one opening)
- Industrial Development Authority (one opening)
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve Commission (two openings
- Parks and Recreation Commission (two openings)
- Tourism Development Commission (one Scottsdale Hotelier position opening and one Industry Representative opening)
Information about boards and commissions functions can be found at ScottsdaleAZ.gov, search “Boards and Commissions.” Interested applicants must submit an online application by Friday, Jan. 26. Submitted applications are valid for one year.
Scottsdale City Council will review materials and nominate candidates from the applicant pool in February, with interviews and appointments scheduled to take place in March.
All board and commission members are required to comply with the city’s Ethics Code and attend a training session before officially beginning their term.