The APS Electric Light Parade is Saturday, Dec. 2 in Phoenix
Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
Arizona Public Service and the Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department is inviting the community to come together for a celebration during the holiday season.
Entrants will interpret the theme of ‘It’s Electric!’ and will light up the streets of central Phoenix on Saturday, Dec. 2, as the 2.3-mile parade route starts at Central Avenue and Montebello Avenue, and then traveling south to Central Avenue and Camelback Road. From there the parade heads east along Camelback Road to 7th Street and continues south along 7th Street to its conclusion at Indian School Road.
Here are some tips — provided by Phoenix City Hall officials — for those planning to attend the APS Electric Light Parade:
- Consider taking Valley Metro Light Rail to the event to avoid traffic congestion. The parade route runs near the Light Rail stop at Central Avenue, just south of Camelback Road.
- The parade is a rain or shine event. Check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
- Spectators are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs for seating.
- The Electric Light Parade is a rain or shine event.
- Crowds for this event have grown large in recent years and viewing spots along the parade route are first-come, first-served. Spectators often start arriving hours prior to parade time to reserve a spot.
- Parking is available on city streets around the parade route and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Private lots near the parade area often offer parking for a fee.
- Spectators should try to minimize and gather any trash and litter generated during the parade to ease post-event cleanup.
- Coolers are permitted, but alcohol and glass containers are prohibited.
- Road closures and restrictions affect all parade areas hours before the event; come early and expect delays.
Here is the local APS Electric Light Parade broadcast schedule:
- Facebook Live: ABC15 will air the parade on Facebook Live on December 2.
- ABC15 will broadcast the parade:
- December 10, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- December 25, 6 a.m. – 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- December 25, on The CW from 12 – 1 p.m.
- PHXTV will air the parade throughout the month of December.
- The parade will be available for view on the APS Electric Light Parade website.