Beat the winter blues at Grimaldi’s Pizzeria
Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
Grimaldi’s Pizzeria is embracing winter with its new “Margherita Margarita” seasonal menu. The menu debuts several new items including pizza and cocktails that feature bold and savory flavors that brighten the season.
“Margherita Margarita” seasonal menu items are:
- Italian sausage margherita pizza: traditional pizza topped with hand-pinched Italian sausage, garlic, and basil.
- Fruit ‘n nut spinach salad: spinach, granny smith apples, dried cherries and red onions tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with walnuts and gorgonzola crumbles.
- Reese’s peanut butter cup cheesecake: creamy vanilla cheesecake filled with chunks of Reese’s peanut butter cup, served with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
- Black cherry cheesecake: black cherry cheesecake with Oreo cookie crust, topped with whipped cream and dried cherries.
- Black cherry margarita: Casamigos reposado tequila, Monin black cherry purée and citrus juices shaken and served over ice with salt and Luxardo cherry.
- Blood orange margarita: Casamigos reposado tequila, monin blood orange purée and citrus juices shaken and served over ice, garnished with salt and lime wheel.
In addition to the new menu items, Grimaldi’s “Bridge Board” is also getting an update for winter. Grimaldi’s version of a charcuterie board with seasonal, rotating ingredients now includes a generous assortment of Italian meats and cheeses, Granny Smith apples, dried cherries, and walnuts, served with sliced bread.
Grimaldi’s is in the business of making delicious food and creating memorable experiences for families and friends, representatives of the brand contend. Using coal-fired, brick-oven pizza-making traditions developed over 100 years ago, the restaurant takes great pride in its hand-crafted pizzas and Calzones.
Grimaldi’s uses the freshest ingredients and has a secret recipe for its dough, all of which contribute to it being one of the most award-winning pizzerias in the United States.