Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
The Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Phoenix recognized its members recently at the 2022 BOMA Fall Gala Awards Banquet at The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch.
Besides the winners of eight categories, BOMA Greater Phoenix also honored two other members: new lifetime member Shannon Dutton, RPA, FMA, CBRE: new Lifetime Member Award; and the first recipient of the organization’s relaunched scholarship, Amanda Forsmo, LEED AP O+M, Ryan Companies, according to a press release.
This year’s winners:
- Allied Partner of the Year: Michael Caratachea, BrightView Landscape Services.
- Building Engineer of the Year: Tim Laford, Ryan Companies.
- Committee Chair of the Year: Amanda Forsmo, LEED AP O+M, Ryan Companies.
- Committee Member of the Year: Bella Barker, Ace Building Maintenance.
- Positive Attitude Award: Matt Huggins, EDGE Building Services.
- Property Manager of the Year: Amanda Forsmo, LEED AP O+M, Ryan Companies.
- Service to the Profession: Kathryn Rhinehart, CPM, PRA, LEED General Associate, MODE Commercial Property Management.
- Young Professional of the Year: Alexis Matt, Newmark Management.
The winners were selected from more than 50 nominees, the release states.
TV personality Catherine Anaya served as master of ceremony. This year’s Fall Gala Committee was co-chaired by Robert Bucho, Ryan Companies; Autumn Larson, Transcend Security Solutions; and Lynn Nixon, 2022 board secretary/treasurer.
Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 3.7 million jobs and contributes $205 billion to the U.S. GDP. BOMA Greater Phoenix has been federated with BOMA International since 1940.
Its mission is to advance the interests of the entire commercial real estate industry through advocacy, education, research, standards and information, officials there contend.
Find BOMA International online at www.boma.org