Dancing with the Stars event supports Armer Foundation for Kids
Staff Reports | Digital Free Press
From 6 to 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 10, the Armer Foundation for Kids is hosting its annual Dancing with the Stars competition at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 3820 E. Ray Road in Phoenix, featuring local residents and professional dancers — raising funds to help local families in need.
“This has been an ongoing fundraiser for us to raise much needed funds for the families we support who have children with life-threatening illnesses – the treatments for which insurance does not always cover,” said Armer Foundation For Kids founder Jennifer Armer, in a prepared statement. “It’s a great opportunity to not only support your community members who are dancing but know that you are making a difference in the lives of so many families who are struggling to pay the bills that will save their children’s’ lives.”
Guests will not only enjoy an evening of fierce dance competition but also hors d’oeuvres and wine as they decide their favorite pair of the evening.
Local dancers who will be competing include:
- Anthony Celio, Physical Therapist & Clinic Director at Spooner Physical Therapy in Ahwatukee
- Karen Nowicki, Owner & President of Phoenix Business RadioX
- Joe Duffy, Fireman at Phoenix Station 22 and Owner of The Handy Fireman Woodwork
- Sarah Kennedy, Retired Small Business Owner
- Rick Chapman of the Ahwatukee Fry’s Meat Department
- Shanna Williams, Commercial Account Manager – ECD Systems
Tickets are $35 for general admission or $50 for limited VIP front row seats and can be purchased HERE.